Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Orange lizard


We are back from seeing my cute baby cousin Grace.

She is from a place called Guatemala. I drew a picture of a giant lizard that comes from there. Here he is.





He is a big lizard, way bigger than a Komodo dragon. He is bigger than a blue whale, and you know they are big! He can run 55 miles an hour. That's fast and his head is as long as a school bus. He eats mice, birds, other lizards, dogs, and people and houses. One orange lizard can wipe out a whole neighborhood.

But to stay big he has to drink lots of water, otherwise he shrinks up and looks like a raisin.

It is lucky baby Grace doesn't live there anymore. I am glad she is here with us.

My bus is coming. Gotta go!


Comments:
Red is my favorite kind of lizard. I found a green one in my kitchen the other day. I like yours better.
 
Oh, shiny orange lizard. The spikes on his back are awesome, did you know that the spikes/plates on a stegosaur's back (like on your Orange Lizard's back) are called scutes?

Have fun at school!
 
Does the lizard live close to the ocean, or does he live inland?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/guatemala/guatemala-location-map.html

'Cause if he lives close to the ocean, it must be easy for him to drink lots of water!
 
Your drawings are getting really good. I enjoy reading your blog!
 
Wow! I like the lizard! I remember how crazy I was about dinosaurs when I was your age. Actully I still like them! Dragons too! You have a good day!
 
Wow, that's a GREAT lizard! I like the coloring a lot. I also like the story you made up to go with him - very imaginative! Looks like you've got the story-telling bug as well.

Did you enjoy visiting your cousin Grace? She's adorable - your dad showed us some pictures of her. He said that he made her laugh until she puked - sounds like torture to me!

Bye,
Dusty
 
Nice one. I made my nieces do drawings for me over the weekend. They didn't draw any reptiles at all, though! I put them on my blog in case you want to see them.
 
Hi!

I found your blog through Drawn!, the illustration blog. I really enjoy reading your posts, you're so talented! Keep up the great work!! =D

- Laura
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?